Issue 7.5 is now online!
This month’s issue contains two Applications articles and two Open Access articles, all of which are freely available.
– piecewiseSEM: A practical implementation of confirmatory path analysis for the R programming language. This package extends the method to all current (generalized) linear, (phylogenetic) least-square, and mixed effects models, relying on familiar R syntax. The article also includes two worked examples.
– RPANDA: An R package that implements model-free and model-based phylogenetic comparative methods for macroevolutionary analyses. It can be used to:
- Characterize phylogenetic trees by plotting their spectral density profiles
- Compare trees and cluster them according to their similarities
- Identify and plot distinct branching patterns within trees
- Compare the fit of alternative diversification models to phylogenetic trees
- Estimate rates of speciation and extinction
- Estimate and plot how these rates have varied with time and environmental variables
- Deduce and plot estimates of species richness through geological time. Continue reading